When it comes to my tea time, I like to have some snacks & biscuits for munching along with a cup of tea. Occasionally, I spend little more time for its preparation. I bought puff pastry sheets & found lying in the fridge for few days, immediately I decided to make this tasty & my favourite vegetable puff. It was crispy & crunchy and perfect with tea. I remember my younger days, amma keep it ready after we come from school. Lovely days :)
- Puff pastry sheet
- Vegetables (Carrot, beans, cauliflower, cabbage, potato) - 1 cup
- Onion - 1/2 piece
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/8 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Chopped corrainder
- Corriander powder - 1 tsp
- Chaat masala - 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Egg white - 1 no
- Cook the vegetables in the salted water & keep aside.
- Heat oil in the pan, add cumin seeds, chopped onions. Saute them for 3 min.
- Add turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste & the cooked vegetables. Saute them for 3 min.
- Add corriander powder, chaat masala, chopped corriander & finally lemon juice.
- Allow the stuffing to cool.
- Beat the egg white & keep aside.
- Meanwhile cut the puff pasty in the desired shape & size. (I made rectangle shapes).
- First, brush the egg white in the corners of the individual puff pastry. Stuff the vegetable mixture & seal the corners.
- Also, brush the egg white on the top of the stuffed puff pastry on either side.
- Rest the stuffed pastry in the freezer for 5 mins before baking.
- Preheat the oven at 220 C & bake them for 10 to 15 min till crispy & golden brown in color.
Enjoy it with tea :)