Most of us love rich chocolate cake & that too with strawberry cream filling. Isn't sounds great ? Myself & my son loved even the last bite of cake. It taste yum :) Sometimes, we bribe things to get work done & this cake is my weapon. Best cake for celebrations. Pravin likes to have some sweet after his dinner & this cake was perfect. He enjoyed to the core. Enjoy baking !!!
For the cake:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the filling:
- 1 can (21 oz.) strawberry, chilled.
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Chocolate shavings
- Strawberries for decorating
1. Cream butter and sugar together. Add the vanilla essence & eggs one at time.
2. Sieve the flour, cocoa powder & baking soda together.
3. Fold the flour mixture to the butter mixture alternating with the milk.
4. Pour into two 9 inch round cake pans that have been greased and floured. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes. Cool thoroughly.
5. Whip the heavy cream with sugar. Cool it. Also, drain the strawberries & keep aside. Preserve the syrup as well.
6. Slice the cake horizontally to make layers. Place one layer on flat plate & brush the syrup.
7. Spread the whipped cream & top them with strawberries. Place the second layer of cake & repeat.
8. Finally, decorate the cake with the remaining cream, chocolate shavings & strawberries on the top & sides.
It taste awesome :)