Cake baking is a wonderfully rewarding skill, and one that many of us have enjoyed from an early age. This cake is very rich & soft with lotz of date & nuts, perfect for kids. My father is fond of date & nuts even today. And, my son too. I & my son, have great time & enjoyed even the last bite of the cake. But pravin, didn't say anything about this cake. Next day, I served the cake again yet no response. Normally, he do multiple work at same time & this time he just enjoyed the warm cake with the scoop of vanilla icecream. And, I know he just loved it :)
- Hot strong coffee - 3/4 cup
- Chopped stoned dates - 1 cup
- Chopped walnuts - 1/2 cup
- Butter - 125 gms
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Eggs - 2 nos
- All purpose flour - 1 3/4 cup
- Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Baking powder - 1 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- Icing sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C. Lightly grease the baking pan & line the base with non-stick baking paper.
2. Pour hot coffee over chopped dates & walnuts & allow to cool.
3. Cream butter and sugar, add egs and beat well. Sift in dry ingredients.
4. Lastly, mix in date and nut mixture and vanilla extract.
5. Pour into prepared cake tin and bake for 50-60mins. Dust with icing sugar.
Serve warm with vanilla icecream.