Pravin bought two big bunches of spinach from weekend market. Looking at the fresh & greenish herb reminded my ammas keerai poriyal & immediately I decided to do the same. It turned out too good & just melted in my mouth. I like to mix this with rice & ghee. It taste delicious with sambar rice too.
- Spinach - 1 bunch
- Onion - 1 no
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Red chillies - 3 to 4 nos
- Curry leaves - 1 tbsp
- Garlic - 5 pods
- Coconut grated - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
1. Finely chop the spinach & keep aside.
2. Heat oil in the pan, add urad dal, mustard seeds, curry leaves, red chillies & garlic pods.
3. Once splutter, add the finely chopped onions & saute till tender.
4. Add the chopped spinach & salt. Cover and cook till done. (No need to add water)
5. Finally, add the grated coconut & cook for 2 more mins.