Stir fried okra is a tasty, crispy & perfect side dish for rice. Rice flour makes it crispy & other seasonings brings more flavour to the dish. Easy to make and taste just awesome with plain dal rice, curd rice & rotis.
- Okra (Ladies finger) - 500 gas
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Chilly powder - 1 tbsp ( to spice level)
- Salt to taste
- Rice flour - 2 tbsp
- Curry leaves - 1 tbsp
- Cumin powder - 1 tsp (optional)
1. Wash and dry the okra. Cut the okra lengthwise and slit them crosswise.
2. Sprinkle turmeric powder, chilly powder, rice flour, salt to taste & cumin powder (optional) in the okra. Toss them well.
3. Heat oil in the pan, add mustard seeds, urad dal & curry leaves. Add okra & stir fry them till crispy.
Serve them with rice.