Ribbon pakoda is also know as ribbon murukku. Homemade rice flour is used for this snack, as we get crispy & tasty pakoda's. It is a great snack idea for tea time. Perfect snack for all special occasions & festivals.
- Raw rice flour - 2 cups
- Gram flour - 1/2 cup
- Roasted gram dal powder- 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Hing - 1/2 tsp
- Chilly powder / Pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Sesame seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp + for frying
- Water for kneading
1. Mix together raw rice flour, gram flour, roasted gram dal powder, chilly powder, salt to taste, hing, sesame seeds & 2 tbsp hot oil. Add enough water & knead it to smooth dough.
2. Take a murukku maker & use ribbon pakoda disc. Grease the murukku maker & press the dough inside.
3. Heat oil over medium heat, press the ribbon pakoda's from the murukku maker & deep fry them till done & crispy.
Enjoy the snack !!!