Diamond cuts is a sweet & crispy fried Indian cookie. This is one among the addictive snack, worth to fill up one huge box and carry it every where you move around. Diamond cuts are very easy to make and is very tasty. For healthier version, substitute 1/2 cup of maida with wheat flour. You will definitely love it :)
- All purpose flour (Maida) - 1 cup
- Sugar, powdered - 1/4 cup plus for 2 tbsp for dusting
- Oil - 1 tbsp plus for frying
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of baking soda (optional)
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
- Water for kneading
1. Mix together flour, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, salt, baking soda, cardamom powder, 1 tbsp hot oil and enough water. Knead the dough till smooth and set aside for 10 mins.
2. Roll the dough to thin circle by dusting flour when required. Now cut the rolled dough using knife both horizontally & vertically to form small diamonds. Separate them and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in the deep frying pan, drop the small diamond cuts and fry them till golden brown & crispy.
4. Sprinkle & toss the diamond cuts with the powdered sugar. Store it in airtight container.
Happy munching :)