Rosette cookies are made with flour, rice flour, coconut milk and sugar. These ingredients are combined together and then deep fried using iron mould. The iron mould is heated to a very high temperature in oil then dipped into the batter and deep fried till the achappam is separated from the mould. Little tricky to do but taste delicious !!!
- All purpose flour - 1 cup
- Rice flour - 1 3/4 cups
- Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- Carom seeds or Sesame seeds - 1 tsp
- Coconut milk - 1 cup
- Water, as desired
- Oil for frying
1. Mix together the rice flour, maida, baking powder,salt, sugar, coconut milk & carom seeds. Batter should resemble to dosa or pancake batter. Add water if required, depending upon the batter consistency.
2. Heat oil in the heavy bottomed pan & put the mould in the oil while heating. Now dip the hot mould in the batter & fry it in the oil.
3. Achappam begins to leave from the mould once it starts cooking (use skewer to detach the achappam, if required). Cook until its crisp & slightly brown in color.
Store it in the air tight container.