Nothing can beat the homemade drumstick leaves podi. I usually stock these powder at home which taste great with hot steamed rice and a drop of ghee. This will be handy when I feel lazy to cook. Drumstick leaves are very good source of Iron, calcium, vitamins which is essential for healthy bones for growing kids and for new moms.
- Drumstick leaves - 2 cups
- Channa dal - 3 tbsp
- Ural dal - 2 tbsp
- Ground nuts - 2 tbsp (or Sesame seeds - 1 tbsp or coriander seeds - 1 tbsp)
- Dry coconut powder - 1 tbsp
- Hing - 1 tsp
- Tamarind - small lemon size
- Salt to taste
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Dry red chillies - 10 nos
- Ghee - 2 tsp
1. Clean, wash and dry the drumstick leaves over paper towels for an hour.
2. Dry roast the drumstick leaves till crispy.
3. Heat ghee in the pan, roast channa dal, urad dal, ground nuts, tamarind, garlic, cumin seeds, red chillies and allow them to cool completely.
4. Grind them to coarse or fine powder along with the drumstick leaves, salt and hing.
Serve it with rice & ghee.