Egg fried rice is one of my comfort and favourite weekday lunch menu. Serve this with Chinese styled vegetable / chicken curry. I make it very simple without much vegetables but if needed we can add peas, corn, carrot or beans for different flavours. Cook the basmati rice and allow them to cool completely before adding other spices & egg for this preparation. Perfect & easy lunch box menu !!!
- Basmati Rice - 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp
- Sesame oil - 2 tsp
- Onion - 1 no,sliced
- Garlic - 1 tsp, chopped
- Ginger , finely chopped - 1/2 tsp
- Capsicum - 1 no, finely chopped
- Spring onion- 1 bunch, chopped
- Pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Egg - 3 nos
1. Cook the basmati rice with little bit of salt, 1 tbsp of oil and lemon juice to correct consistency. Allow it to cool completely.
2. Heat sesame oil in the pan, add chopped garlic, ginger and finely sliced onions. Saute till tender.
3. Add chopped capsicum, spring onions (preserve little for garnishing), pepper powder and salt to taste.
4. Meanwhile, in a separate pan cook and scramble the egg with salt and pepper powder till done.
5. Now gradually add the cooked rice to the onion mixture and saute.
6. Finally, add the scrambled egg to the rice and cook for few mins over low flame.