Sponge marble cake is best anytime with tea. It taste and looks absolutely amazing with vanilla & chocolate swirls. We can use the same batter for make cupcakes. Taste great with buttercream frosting or simple chocolate frosting.
- All purpose flour - 1 1/4 cups
- Baking powder - 2 tsp
- Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- Milk powder or condensed milk - 3 tbsp
- Cocoa powder - 2 tbsp
- Hot water - 2 tbsp
- Butter - 1/2 cup
- Powdered sugar - 1 cup
- Milk - 3/4 cup
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C. Grease & line up the baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Sieve together flour, baking powder, baking soda and milk powder. Keep aside.
3. Mix together cocoa powder and hot water without any lumps. Cool down to room temperature.
4. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the flour mixture alternating with milk. Beat to a smooth batter.
5. Divide the cake batter and mix cocoa mixture in one half. Add vanilla essence to other half.
6. Pour the vanilla mixture and cocoa mixture alternatively in the prepared baking pan. Swirl the batter using fork to get marble effect.
7. Bake it for 45 mins or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow it to cool completely before slicing.
Happy baking :)