This a simple sweet for any special day / occasion. Vermicelli needs to be cooked completely before adding sugar, else you will get rubbery consistency. Good change from regular rava kesari.
- Semiya (Vermicelli) - 1/2 cup
- Water - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1/4 cup
- Orange food colouring - few drops
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cashew nuts - 2 tbsp
- Ghee - 3 tbsp
1. Heat ghee in the non-stick pan, roast the broken cashew nuts. Remove & keep aside.
2. Boil the water in a pan.
3. In the same ghee, roast the vermicelli, orange color and slowly add the boiling water. Cover and cook over low-medium flame till done.
4. Add sugar and keep stirring till done.
5. Finally, add cardamom powder and roasted cashew nuts.