This is a recipe that I adopted from my Punjabi friend which taste fabulous with rotis. A small twist in recipe is Chole masala powder. I am adding it in the end which enhances the flavour more.
- Karamani / Lobia / Black eyed bean (Brown) - 1/2 cup
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Onion - 1 large sized
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Tomatoes - 2 nos
- Potato - 1 large sized
- Chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Garam masala - 1 tsp
- Chole masala powder - 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
1. Soak the black eyed bean overnight and pressure cook them with salt. Keep aside.
2. Heat oil in the pan, add finely chopped onions. Saute till tender.
3. Add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, chopped tomatoes and salt to taste. Saute.
4. Add cubed potatoes, chilly powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and chole masala powder. Cover and cook for few mins.
5. Add cooked karamani and garam masala. Cook till done.
6. Garnish it with coriander leaves.
Serve with rotis.