Dates n nuts rolls is very healthy & easy sweet which takes just few mins to prepare. Best part of this sweet is zero sugar & diabetic friendly. Addition of figs & nuts along with dates gives crunchy texture & nutmeg and cardamom powder gives additional flavour to this sweet. It's no fail recipe which is perfect for any special occasions.
- Seedless dates - 250 gms
- Nuts (Almonds, cashew nuts, pista) - 1/2 cup
- Dried Fig - 10 nos
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
- Nutmeg powder - a pinch
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Poppy seeds - 2 tbsp
1. Chop the nuts and figs finely. Grind the dates to coarse paste.
2. Mix together the dates paste, chopped nuts, cardamom powder, nutmeg powder and cook them in ghee over medium heat till everything combines really well. Allow them to cool slightly.
3. Roast the poppy seeds and spread them in the aluminium foil and roll the dates mixture like a log. Refrigerate them for an hour. Remove the foil and cut them in rounds.
Store it in room temperature and serve.