Dilpasand is a popular snack found in most of the South Indian bakeries. Sweetened coconut & tutti frutti's are used as a filling in puff pastry sheets and baked to perfection. And the best part is, we can recreate this amazing snack at home with minimal effort. Perfect sweet for special occasion.
- Puff pastry - 2 sheets
- Tutti frutti - 3/4 cups
- Sweetened coconut flakes - 1 cup
- Fresh grated coconut - 1/4 cup
- Brown sugar - little less than 1/4 cup
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Cardamom powder - 1 tbsp
- Melted butter - 2 tbsp
1. Take water & brown sugar in a sauce pan and bring it to boil until sugar melts completely. Turn off the flame.
2. To the water add tutti fruity, fresh coconut, cardamom powder & sweetened coconut flakes. Mix well.
3. Preheat the oven at 180 C. Grease & line up the baking pan with parchment paper.
4. Make a big circle and one small circle in the puff pastry sheet and stuff the coconut filling between the two sized pastry sheets & seal the edges.
5. Brush the melted butter over the pastry sheets and bake it for 30 mins or until done.