Chicken is cooked in spicy onion and tomato gravy and flavoured with aromatic spices which makes this dish so delicious. Try this simple and authentic dhabi style chicken curry and enjoy with rice or rotis.
- Chicken skinned & cut into pieces - 750 gas
- Ghee - 3 tbsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Bay leaves - 2 nos
- Green cardamom - 3 nos
- Black cardamom - 1
- Cloves - 3 nos
- Cinnamon - 1 inch
- Black peppercorns - 5 nos
- Onion, chopped - 3 nos
- Ginger paste - 1 tbsp
- Garlic paste - 2 tbsp
- Red chilly powder - 2 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Tomatoes, chopped - 2 large sized
- Salt to taste
- Yogurt - 1 cup
- Garam masala - 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
1. Heat ghee and oil in the pan, add bay leaves, cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon, peppercorns and onion. Saute till tender.
2. Add ginger paste, garlic paste, red chilly powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and saute for two mins.
3. Add chopped tomatoes and salt. Saute for 5 mins.
4. Add chicken and cook for 5 mins on high heat. Reduce the heat & add yogurt and cook for few more mins. Add enough water and cook the mixture till done. Add garam masala powder at the end.
5. Garnish it with coriander leaves.