Kerala fish curry is absolutely divine, as the addition of coconut milk and coccum gives distinct flavour and taste great with hot steamed rice.
- King fish / Seer fish - 250 gms
- Coconut oil
- Onion - 1 no
- Tomato - 1 no
- Garlic - 7 nos
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Chilly powder - 2 tsp (to taste)
- Coriander powder - 2 tsp
- Small onions - 10 nos
- Coccum - 1 - 2 large pieces
- Thick coconut milk - 1 cup
- Salt to taste
1. Make a paste of onion, tomato and garlic. Clean and cut the fishes. Keep aside.
2. Heat oil in the pan, add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds and curry leaves. Add chopped small onions and saute till tender.
3. Add onion paste, turmeric powder, chilly powder, coriander powder, salt, coccus and enough water. Stir well and bring it to boil.
4. Add fish pieces and coconut milk and simmer for 10 mins.
5. Heat a tsp of oil and fry some curry leaves for garnishing.
Serve hot with rice.