Beyond Naan ! Best way to use Naan dough.
If you have a ball of fresh naan dough in the refrigerator, it's ridiculously easy and you can make soft bread out of it. Here's my recipe for enough naan dough to last several days........
For making naan :
- All purpose flour / Maida - 3 cups
- Warm milk - 3/4 cup
- Yogurt - 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Rapid rise yeast - 2 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- Oil for greasing
For Bread :
- Rolled Oats - 2 tbsp
- Butter for greasing
- Milk - 1 tbsp
- Naan dough - 1 cup
For preparing naan :
1. Sieve together flour, salt, yeast, baking powder and sugar. Add yogurt and mix well.
2. Add warm milk and start kneading the dough till soft. Grease the dough with oil and cover them with damp cloth and allow it to rise for atleast 1 1/2 hrs.
3. After the dough has risen well, knead the dough again and divide them into equal sized balls to make naan.
For Bread :
4. Preheat the oven at 200 C and grease & line up the baking pan with parchment paper.
5. Spread the naan dough in the greased pan and grease the top with butter,
6. Spread the rolled oats over the bread and gently press them. Allow the dough to rise again in the baking pan for another 1 hr. Brush the milk over the bread.
7. Bake them for around 30 mins or until done. Once out from the oven, immediately brush the melted butter over the bread and serve.