Puff pastry and sugar is all you'll need for some of the best treats ever !!!
- Puff pastry, thawed - 2 sheets
- Granulated sugar - 1 cup
- Brown sugar / Demerara sugar - 1/4 cup
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Egg wash, one egg beaten with a bit of water
1. Preheat the oven to 200 C and line up the baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, mix together the granulated sugar and raw sugar. Lightly sprinkle the sugar mixture on your work surface. Roll out the puff pastry, and brush the surface with the egg wash.
3. Sprinkle the sugar mixture evenly over the top of the pastry and pat it in with your hands. Roll each half of the pastry like a jelly roll and meet in the centre.
4. Cut each roll about 1" thick and place the cookies cut side down on your baking sheet. If the pastry is too soft, freeze them for 15 mins.
5. Bake the cookies for about 15 - 20 mins or until golden brown on both sides. Allow them to cool completely.
Happy baking :)