It's really very important to introduce healthy food for babies. This porridge is made using different grains along with the nuts and flavoured with cardamom. I introduced this porridge to my son from 11th month. I used jaggery for sweetness and he just loved it :)
- Whole green moong dal - 2 tbsp
- Rajma - 2 tbsp
- Red gram dal - 2 tbsp
- Toor dal - 2 tbsp
- Bulgur (Cracked wheat) - 2 tbsp
- Roasted gram dal - 2 tbsp
- Barley - 1 tbsp
- Oats - 2 tbsp
- Ragi-Millet flour - 2 tbsp
- Puffed rice - 2 tbsp
- Cashew nuts - 1 tbsp
- Almonds - 1 tbsp
- Cardamom - 1 tsp
For porridge preparation :
1. Wash, drain and dry the green moong dal, rajma, red gram dal & toor dal.
2. Dry roast all the ingredients separately and grind them together to fine powder. Sieve the porridge mix and store.
For porridge :
3. Dissolve the jaggery in the water and filter them.
4. Take a tablespoon of porridge mix and dissolve them in little water or regular milk, filtered jaggery water and cook them till done.
5. Add formula or breast milk finally before serving.
If you are using regular milk, skip the step 5.
Store it in air-tight container.