These Rock Raisin Cookies are the best version of the classic. Soft, chewy, easy and incredibly delicious!! I love the sweet chewiness from the raisins along with the vanilla flavour. After much experimenting, this is my perfect recipe for soft, chewy, not greasy, full of flavour and so easy !!!
- Self-raising flour - 225 gms
- A pinch of salt
- Butter - 125 gms
- Sugar - 80 gms
- Raisins - 60 gms
- Vanilla essence - 2 tsp
- Egg - 1 no
- Little milk, if necessary
1. Preheat the oven at 200 C and grease & line up the cookie pan with parchment paper.
2. Sieve the flour and salt together in a large mixing bowl. Cut the butter into small pieces and drop them into the flour. Using the tips of your fingers, pick up a little of the flour and a couple of pieces of butter and rub them together to make the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
3. Add the sugar & raisins to the flour mixture. Add the beaten egg and vanilla essence to the flour and mix well. This mixture should be fairly firm but add a little milk if too dry.
4. Spoon the mixture into small heaps on the baking sheet and bake for 15-20 mins. Cool them completely.
Happy baking :)