Panna cotta is a popular Italian dessert, cooked using cream and served with fruits, chocolate, caramel & so on. It is light and creamy texture and also it is an easy to make dessert. This dessert is so versatile and best appealing easy dessert which suits all kind of celebrations, get together and festivals.
- Strawberries, trimmed and quartered - 1 pound
- Unflavoured gelatin - 1 1/2 tsp
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Heavy cream - 11/2 cups
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
1. Fill a bowl with 2 tbsp of cold water and sprinkle the gelatine over top and let stand for 5 mins.
2. In a saucepan, combine the strawberries and sugar and cook over medium heat, pressing the fruit and stirring frequently, for 10 mins. Blend the fruit until smooth and bring the berry puree back to a low simmer.
3. Add the gelatin mixture, and stir until completely dissolved. Remove from heat. Add the cream and lemon juice and stir to combine. Divide mixture evenly among six ramekins and cover with plastic wrap. Chill until firm, atleast 5 hours or overnight.
Serve with fresh berries.