Pattani Sundal is my childhood favourite snack. Generally, we use dried peas for this preparation. But, I like to use fresh green peas as it is more tender and delicious. Perfect for festival occasion and for evening snack for kids.
- Fresh / Frozen green peas - 1/2 cup
- Oil / Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Red chillies - 2 nos
- Ginger - few pcs
- Onion - 1 no, finely chopped
- Curry leaves - 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Coconut grated - 1 tbsp
1. In a pan add oil / ghee, throw in the mustards seeds, urad dal, cumin seeds, hing, curry leaves, ginger, red chillies and finely chopped onions. Saute till tender.
2. Add turmeric powder, salt to taste and green peas. Cook till done.
3. Finally add grated coconut and lemon juice. Switch off the flame after few mins and serve warm.
Pattani sundal is ready to serve !!!