This is one of my favourite millet variety idiyappam and I personally like the sweet version. We can use 100% ragi flour for this preparation but addition of rice flour makes this dish really tasty. Perfect healthy breakfast / snacks for kids.
- Ragi flour - 1/2 cup
- Rice flour - 1/4 cup
- A pinch of salt
- Water - 3/4 cup
- Oil - 1 tsp
1. Dry roast the ragi flour and rice flour together. Keep aside.
2. Boil the water with a pinch of salt and oil. Switch off the flame.
3. Add the roasted flour to the hot water and keep stirring (using wooden ladle) until you get a smooth dough.
4. Grease the idiyappam mould with oil and stuff the dough into the press.
5. Press it as idiyappam in the idly moulds and steam it for 10 - 15 mins or until done.
Serve them either as sweet or savoury.