These ginger cookies are perfect accomplishment for tea. This recipe comes from "The Great British Book of Baking". Very simple and delicious !!!!
- Self raising flour - 350 gms
- Ground ginger - 1 tbsp
- Baking soda - 1 tsp
- Sugar - 200 gms
- Unsalted butter - 115 gms
- Golden syrup - 85 gms
- Egg, beaten- 1 medium sized
- Stem ginger, chopped - 2 pieces (35 gms)
1. Preheat the oven to 170 C and line up the baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Sieve together flour, baking soda, ground ginger and sugar.
3. In a pan, melt together butter and golden syrup over a medium heat.
4. Combine together the mixture, the ginger pieces and beaten egg with dry ingredients. Roll the dough and divide them into equal sized balls.
5. Bake them for 15 mins or until done. Allow them to cool completely before storing them in an airtight container.
Happy baking :)