This is one of the best chicken curry which taste great with rice, dosa, idly & roti's.
- Chicken - 1 kg, washed & cut into pieces
- Onion - 2 nos
- Tomato - 1 medium sized
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Red chilly powder - 2 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Oil - 5 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Coconut, grated - 1/4 cup
- Green chillies - 1 no
- Cashew nuts / Roasted chick peas - 1 tbsp
- Cloves - 3 nos
- Cinnamon stick - 1 no
- Cardamom - 2 nos
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Poppy seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
- Black pepper corns - 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves, for garnishing
1. Dry roast the cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, cumin seeds, poppy seeds, fennel seeds, black peppercorns and grind them along with coconut, green chillies and cashew nuts with little water. Keep aside.
2. Heat oil in the pan, add sliced onions. Saute.
3. Add curry leaves, ginger garlic paste, red chilly powder and chicken pieces. Cover and cook over medium-high flame for 5 mins.
4. Reduce the flame and add finely chopped tomatoes. Cover and cook for another 5 mins.
5. Add the spice paste and enough water. Cook for 10 mins. Garnish it with coriander leaves.
Serve with rice or rotis.