A plate of pinwheel sandwiches is perfect for a children's birthday party and is bound to be the first thing finished. Pretty bright rolls, filled with delicious stuffings, they can be made hours ahead, popped into the fridge and then sliced before serving. It's essential to grate the carrots and cucumber quite finely and roll the bread slices as thin as possible. Also perfect for lunch or snack for kids.
- Cream cheese
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder
- Garlic powder
- Shredded carrot
- Shredded cucumber
- White / Brown bread slices, crusts removed
- Lollipop sticks
1. Mix together cream cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano and basil. Keep aside.
2. Flatten the bread slices using rolling pin.
3. Spread the bread slices with cream cheese mixture.
4. Over the first bread slice sprinkle some carrot and on another slice sprinkle some cucumber.
5. Place the second bread slice over the first slice. Roll & wrap the sandwich tightly using the wax paper. Refrigerate them for atleast one hour.
6. Remove the wax paper and cut them into slices and insert the lollipop sticks in the middle using mayonnaise as a glue.
Refrigerate & serve.