Once you've tried these punjabi styled turnip curry, you'll be hooked. Slow-simmering infused them with the curried tomato sauce, resulting in a zesty and colourful dish. It takes more time to cook, as I use turnips with skin. We can pressure cook them to save time. Serve with rice or rotis.
- Turnip - 500 gms, chopped
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Onion - 2 no, finally chopped
- Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Puree from 3 tomatoes
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tbsp
- Red chilly powder - /2 tsp
- Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves
1. Heat oil in the pan, add finely chopped onion and saute.
2. Add ginger garlic paste and then tomato puree. Cover and cook for few mins.
3. Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilly powder and garam masala. Add enough salt and cook for few more mins.
4. Add chopped turnip (preferably with skin) and cook for few mins.
5. Add enough water and cook till completely done.
6. Garnish it with finely chopped coriander leaves.
Serve with rotis.