Coconut milk is extracted from the coconut meat & water. This milk is sold canned for use in Thai & Asian Cuisine or for flavouring desserts. Homemade coconut milk is soo easy to make & taste great in smoothies, curries and kheer. We can store the coconut milk for 4 days in the fridge and for longer used I generally freeze it. Coconut milk is a nutritious beverage for kids as well.
- Shredded coconut - 1 medium sized
- Water - 1 1/2 cups Plus 1 cup Plus 1 cup
1. Blend together shredded coconut and 1 1/2 cups of water for 3 mins on high. Strain the coconut milk and this is thick & creamy coconut milk. Save the grounded coconut.
2. Add one more cup to the coconut again. Blend them again and strain them for thin coconut milk.
3. Repeat the step again with another cup of water. This is third thin coconut milk.
1. Thick coconut milk can be used for making curries / graves / Biryani / Pulav.
2. I use thin coconut milk for making kheer / payasam / smoothie / milkshake.
3. I use the third thin coconut milk for my baby food.
How to Store :