I like to cook Bitter gourd once in a week or two for its medical reason. By boiling the sliced bitter gourd in the water for few mins will remove the bitterness to some extent. Cornflour will give and retain the crispness to the chips. Bitter gourd chips taste perfect with rice or just like that !!!
- Bitter gourd - 1 large sized
- Cornflour - 1 tsp
- Curd - 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Oil for deep frying
1. Thinly slice the bitter gourd. Boil the sliced bitter gourd in the salted water for 4 mins. Drain the excess water.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together bitter gourd, cornflour, curd, salt, chilly powder and turmeric powder. Set aside for 30 mins.
3. Meanwhile, heat the oil over medium flame and deep fry the bitter gourd till crispy. Drain the excess oil in the kitchen paper.