Garlic infused chicken curry taste great with naan / rotis / fried rice. Garlic and chicken blends so well in this dish. Chicken thighs are perfect for this recipe BUT breast can also be used. Perfect meal is here at your fingertips. This is soo good, you guys HAFTA TRY THIS !!!
- Chicken - 1 kg
- Salt to taste
- Garlic - 1 whole fig
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Cloves - 3 no
- Cinnamon stick - 1 no
- Onion - 3 cups
- Tomato puree - 1/2 cup
- Coriander powder - 2 tsp
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
For first marination :
- Pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Mix all the ingredients and marinate the chicken pieces for 30 mins.
For second marination :
- Garlic - 1 whole fig, roughly chopped
- Ginger - 1/2 inch piece
- Red chillies - 5 to 8 nos (Soak it in water for 10 mins)
- Plain yoghurt - 1 tbsp
Grind together garlic, ginger and red chillies with little water to smooth paste. Marinate the chicken with this paste and yoghurt for another 30 mins.
1. Add oil, cloves, cinnamon stick and finely chopped garlic and then switch on the flame. Add finely chopped onions. Saute till tender.
2. Add marinated chicken and cook covered for 10 mins.
3. Add coriander powder, tomato puree and salt to taste. Cook them over medium flame until done.
4. Add enough water depending upon the gravy consistency you desired. Skip water for dry curry.
5. Finally, garnish it with coriander leaves.
Serve with fried rice / naan.