Kaju Katli is the most popular Indian sweet made using very few ingredients. This expensive cashew fudge is topped with silver leaf (Warak) but I didn't get them here so not used this time. Addition of other ingredients like saffron, rosewater, milk, cardamom are optionally used to enhance the flavour of the sweet. Perfect during festival seasons or holiday gift.
- Cashew nuts - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Ghee - 2 tsp
- Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
1. Grease the plate with ghee and set aside.
2. Grind the cashew nuts to fine powder.
3. Place a pan over medium heat, add water and sugar. Cook the sugar syrup to single thread consistency which may take around 20 - 35 mins.
4. Add the cashew nut powder, cardamom powder in the sugar syrup and keep stirring until they thicken.
5. Cook the mixture till they form a ball and leaving the edges of the pan. Allow the mixture to cool slightly.
6. Transfer the dough into the greased pan and level them using greased spatula.
7. Once cooled, cut them into desired shape.