Asparagus peas pulao is a easy pulao recipe which is very aromatic and flavourful. This can be made with fresh peas or frozen peas. Asparagus along with garlic take this pulao to the next level. Try this & you will like it :)
- Basmati rice - 2 cups
- Asparagus - 1 lb
- Green peas - 1/2 cup
- Oil / Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Onion - 1 no, sliced
- Garlic, finely chopped - 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon stick - 1 no
- Cloves - 3 no
- Cardamom, green - 2 no
- Bay leaf - 1 no
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Green chillies - 3 no (to spice)
- Coconut milk - 1 cup
- Water - 1 cup
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
1. Clean and cut the asparagus. Keep aside. Soak the basmati rice in the water for half an hour.
2. Heat oil / Ghee in the heavy bottomed pan, add cinnamon stick, cloves, cardamom, bayleaf and cumin seeds. Add sliced onions and saute.
3. Add finely chopped garlic, green chillies and saute.
4. Add asparagus and green peas. Saute.
5. Add coconut milk, water, lemon juice and salt to taste. Cover and cook till rice is done. Garnish it with coriander leaves.
Serve with raita.