Homemade cake rusk is one of my favourite tea time snack. Cake rusk are mildly sweet and crunchy that complement excellently with tea or coffee. Cake rusks are great for dunking. Store rusks in an airtight container.
- All purpose flour - 1 cup
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Pinch of salt
- Butter - 1/2 cup, at room temperature
- Eggs - 3 nos
- Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Few drops of yellow color
1. Preheat the oven at 180 C. Grease and line up the baking pan with the parchment paper.
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Keep aside.
3. Beat butter with sugar until fluffy and pale in color. Add the color and mix well. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Then add in the flour mixture and vanilla essence. Pour the batter in the prepared pan and bake them for 15 - 20 mins or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
5. Let the cake cool down completely. Using a sharp knife, cut it down the middle, then into thin strips.
6. Turn the cake out and let it cool. Then, using a sharp knife, cut it down the middle, then into thin strips.
7. Place the strips on a baking sheet and bake at 150 C for 15 mins. Turn them over and bake the other side for another 15 mins or until they are golden brown and crisp on all sides.
Store it an airtight container.