Everyone deserves a homemade cake on their birthday. Nothing feels quite as special as a big, over the top cream & sugar topped with delicious fondant and crowned with a ring of candles.
Birthday calls for decadence and it doesn't get much more decadent than a rich chocolate chiffon cake and that too it's butter. YES, IT'S BUTTERFREE !!!!
- Eggs - 2 nos
- Egg white - 1 large
- Granulated sugar - 1 cup
- Flour - 2/3 cup
- Unsweetened cocoa power - 1/3 cup
- Baking powder - 1 1/4 tsp
- Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Oil - 1/2 cup
- Water or coffee - 1/3 cup
- Vanilla extract - 1 1/2 tsp
- Cream of tartar - 1/4 tsp
- Whipped cream (for frosting )
- Fondant, for decoration
1. Preheat the oven at 180 C. Grease and line up the baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Sieve together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Keep aside.
3. Separate the egg yolks from whites & whisk the egg whites (from 4 eggs). Gradually beat in the 1/3 cup of sugar and beat until stiff peaks. Keep aside.
4. In the bowl of your electric mixer, whisk together egg yolks and the remaining sugar till creamy & smooth.
5. Meanwhile combine together oil, water/coffee and vanilla extract. Add them to the egg mixture followed by flour mixture. Beat until well combined.
6. Gently fold the egg whites into the batter. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake it for 35 mins or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow them to cool completely.
7. Frost the cake with whipped cream frosting and cover them with fondant. Refrigerate it.
Happy baking :)