We love Funnel cakes around here. Light and fluffy, this gets dusted with powdered sugar and served hot for a fun and tasty treat. This easy, homemade funnel cakes brings that State Fair food you love home to your own kitchen. Funnel cakes make a great base for everything from fruit to ice cream.
- Egg – 1
- Milk – 1 cup
- All Purpose Flour – 1 cup
- Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla Essence – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Oil, for deep flying
- Powdered Sugar for garnish
1. Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt. Add sugar & mix well. Keep aside.
2. In another bowl, whisk together the egg, milk and vanilla essence.
3. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients without any lumps. Batter should be thin, so add more milk if required.
4. Meanwhile heat oil over medium heat, fill the funnel with the batter closing the tip with the finger.
5. Bring the funnel near the oil and release your finger to start a stream of batter while moving the funnel in the circular motion. Fry them on either sides till done or golden brown in color.
6. Sprinkle some powdered sugar and serve them with dollop of ice-cream.